Checklist for Hirers
1. The Premises comprise: Main Hall, Bar Room, Kite’s Nest Meeting Room, Kitchen and Toilets. There is disabled access. The kitchen is registered for occasional preparation of food.
2. The Hiring is restricted to no more than 120 people at one time.
3. Provisional bookings will be held for 10 days. If at the end of that period the booking has not been confirmed, with a signed Booking Form and full payments, the Committee reserves the right to re-let the hall.
4. A deposit of £100 will be required for all occasional bookings (these are bookings other than those held on a regular basis) which will be returned after a member of the Committee has inspected the premises and found everything to be in good order.
5. All single bookings must be paid for in advance. Block bookings may be paid for by negotiation with the Booking Secretary.
6. Bookings cancelled less than one month before the date of use may be liable to a cancellation charge of 50% of the total letting fee. Bookings cancelled one week or less before the date of use will be liable to a cancellation fee of 75% of the total letting fee.
7. Cheques should be made payable to “Community Centre at Studley Green”.
8. 16th, 18th and 21st birthday parties are not allowed unless approved by the Committee. The Committee will require guarantees of good behaviour, assurances that the building will be left clean, tidy and undamaged and that there will be no disturbances. A deposit of £300 will be required.
9. The Committee has the right to refuse a booking without explanation.
10. The Committee reserves the right to refuse a booking without notice or to cancel this hiring agreement at any time, either before or during the term of the agreement upon giving 7 days notice in writing (or by email) to the Hirer at the address on the Booking Form. The hirer shall be entitled upon such notice to reimbursement of such monies, including the deposit or a proportion of the same, as has been paid by the Hirer to the Committee, but the Committee shall not be liable to make further payment to the Hirer.
11. Under no circumstances should anything be fixed to the walls (posters, decorations, etc) other than to any hooks provided.
12. Vehicles must only be parked on the tarmac car park and within the marked bays. Disabled bays must be kept free for Blue Badge Holders only. Clear access should be left for Emergency Services at all times.
13. The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage - however slight - or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car- parking arrangements, so as to avoid obstruction of the highway.
14. The Committee reserves the right to enter the building during any function and without giving a reason. Access must also be granted to all members of the Emergency Services whilst they are acting in pursuit of their lawful duties.
15. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described on the Booking Form and shall not sub-hire, use or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way. The Hirer shall not do anything or bring on to the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof. The Hirer shall not allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor on the premises without written permission and shall not sell alcoholic liquor thereon without attaining the necessary licence. The Hirer will not allow the sale or use of Drugs.
16. At the end of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surroundings in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise, and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
17. All rubbish is to be removed from the site by the Hirer.
18. The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property, including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the building which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
19. Under no circumstances can the Committee be held responsible for any accidents that occur during the period of the hiring. The Hirer is therefore responsible for any accidents that occur during the period of hiring.
20. The Hirer shall adopt all reasonable measures and provide adequate supervision to prevent disturbances inside or outside the hall and to prevent any activities likely to be a nuisance to nearby residents.
21. The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children and young people comply with the provisions of The Children’s Act 2004 and any later additions to this, and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
22. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed whether for the sale or supply of intoxicating liquor (an application for which licence cannot be made if the village hall deed prohibits the consumption of alcoholic liquor) from the Performing Right Society, from Phonographic Performance Ltd or otherwise and for the observance of the same.
23. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law to gaming, betting and lotteries.
24. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by The Fire Authority, Local Authority, The Local Magistrates Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
25. The Hirer shall ensure that any appliances e.g. electrical, brought by him/her to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner and be covered by their own insurance.
26. Under no circumstances will the Committee accept responsibility for the loss of or damage to privately owned items left on the premises or in the car park.
27. The Committee reserves the right to cancel any hiring in the event of the hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-elections, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
28. In the event of the hall or any part thereof being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever, other than reimbursement of hire fees and deposits.
29. Smoking or Vaping is not allowed anywhere on the premises.
30. Property left at the property will be held for a period of 4 weeks and if not claimed within that time it will be disposed of.
31. The Hirer must record any accidents in the Accident Book located in the kitchen.